IT'S A BOY

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Ola from Punta Cana

Hey there gang. I´m enjoying some incredibly warm weather, sunshine, sandy beaches, tropical fruit and lots of friends and family here in paradise...Dominican Republic.
Rem and I didn´t get much sleep on our flight to Toronto and by the time we had breakfast with everyone and visited my great grama in Shelburne we were REALLY ready for our naps. Aunt Cindy and Grama dropped by to visit in the afternoon and we went to dinner with Marci, Kyle and Kalen before heading back to Toronto to the motel. Another short sleep later and we were on the plane heading south. When we arrived there were greeters dressed in tropical skirts with fruit hats, music at the airport and I loved the open air airport. It was about a 40 minute bus ride to the resort and WOW is it ever impressive. Rem and I have a king size bed, a balcony, and a huge soaker tub. We´re right on the ocean and the grounds are spectacular...lots of palm trees, fountains and wild birds and turtles. Yesterday we had a pretty relaxing day hanging out at the beach. Jon, Rem, Dad and I went kayaking out to the reef to play in the surf. I was the only one who seemed able to stay in my boat! I was on hat rescue patrol. That was tonnes of fun. We had dinner at the specialty Japanese restaurant and I couldn´t believe how much food they were giving us. Actually, all the food is fantastic. Way less greasy than Cuba was.
Today Rem, Uncle Dave, Dad and I went golfing. This was my first time to ever play 18 holes of regular golf and I was allowed a lot of ¨throw-ins¨off the start. By about hole 14 I was actually starting to do pretty well except that I was hungry beyond belief and starting to get a little dizzy. I´m sure we all golfed par today :)
Tonight we all go to the mexican restaurant and I think we´ll just hang out at the pool for the afternoon. Then tomorrow we are going on a tour with Jon and Jas.

I know I´m late getting my 8 week info up but I don´t want to spent too much time on the internet. Watch for that on Monday.

OLA!!

No comments: