IT'S A BOY

Thursday, March 8, 2007

Sleeping Beauty

I'm sooo sorry that I've been neglecting my blogging. We arrived home from the Dominican Republic Sunday at midnight and I haven't been able to stay awake for more than half an hour once I get home. Even the Canucks game on Tuesday night couldn't keep me up, my eyelids were fluttering all through the third period! Last night I fell asleep on Remy's lap while watching TV and the poor guy didn't want to move me so suffered through as stiff back until he was ready for bed too. I guess the time change and the first trimester are ganging up on me.
The rest of our time in the Dominican was awesome. It remained 28-30 degrees everyday, sunny with a light breeze and only rained a couple of evenings. After golfing on Monday, we went on the Bavaro Runners truck tour through Punta Cana on Tuesday. We saw the sugar cane fields, a cocoa and coffee farm, one of the typical family houses, the rice fields and stopped at a ranch to do some horseback riding and have lunch. It was a long day and I was EXHAUSTED afterwards. Wednesday we just hung out with the gang by the pool and did water aerobics and merengue lessons...sexy sexy sexy. Thursday I went with Rem, Uncle Dave and dad to swim with the sharks and sting rays!! They weren't mean by any stretch of the imagination but they were pretty big so that was neat. A lot of people got back on the boat with very red backs after 45 minutes of snorkelling. Friday I tried archery and played a couple games of beach volleyball then siesta'd the rest of the afternoon. It was a great time and I greatly preferred the DR to Cuba. The only letdowns were the specialty restaurants. The food there was never fully cooked. Stick to the Buffet. I'll post some pics this weekend when I get a chance to download my camera.
This week I've been right back to work and busier than ever. Only one more day till the weekend...yippee!!

No comments: