IT'S A BOY

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Retired #19

Well, tonight was my last game in mens hockey for a while. I'm retiring the old #19. Maybe I'll take up coaching instead...any chance to push boys around. The whole team was out for my special game - 17 in total (what a zoo!) and I played with my high production line - Mashi and Colin. The opposition scored early in the game and held a 1-0 lead over us until midway through the third. Adam popped the rebound into an empty net to tie us up. Try as I might I just could not find the handle on the game winner, though I was close at least 3 times!! Unfortunately the other team scored with about 3 minutes left in the game and managed to hold on to the 2-1 lead. I was hoping to go out on a win and with some more points on my record but it was really nice to play that one last game.
In fact it really helped with the tummy ickies that I've been feeling the last couple of days. There's nothing like skating your ass off to forget about little icks and pains. I'm really hungry all the time and feel just a bit under the weather. Work is fine though, as long as I bring lots of snacks. I guess tomorrow I'll be hitting the 6 week mark!

No comments: