IT'S A BOY

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Found my Kryptonite

Well, thanks dad. The birthday gift every girl wants for her 30th is a cold! I guess it was your way of having me remember you after you have gone. Still...it sucks. My nose is stuffy and I am sneezing like crazy - and I can't take anything for it. And it totally neutralizes my new found superpower...I can't smell a thing. Hopefully it will be over and done with before we head out to the DR.
This morning we met with Rem's family for breakfast. Doug and Joanne have just returned from a trip to Costa Rica so they've been a little out of the loop. We were celebrating Joanne's birthday today and had missed Doug's in late January so Rem and I decided to incorporate their prezzies into our surprise. I bought some teeny tiny baby socks and we put them in the sleeves of their new shirts. After we ordered our meals we gave them the gifts and I insisted that they try them on right away so we could see if they fit. Jeanine was in on the surprise so she had my camera pointed right at Joanne and managed to catch this awesome picture! It took a second for the meaning of those little socks to sink in and I got to watch the play of emotions on her face :)
Doug ordered his first seniors meal, fitting seeing as he's going to be a grandpa!!! Yep, that was pretty funny.

The rest of the day was pretty busy. We went with Jeanine to help her pick her wedding dress. She has it narrowed down to 2 - both gorgeous - but can't make up her mind. Then I went to hockey but the other team didn't show up so we just had a 4 on4 scrimmage to get some exercise and have a bit of fun. My last game with the guys will be on Tuesday :(

Still feeling pretty good. Just more hungry and it's more urgent to eat once I start feeling hungry or else I just feel sick.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS (again) Rem and Randi! Adam and I are so happy for you both, and I can't wait to be an auntie!!

Watching the reaction on Mom's face today was priceless! What a memorable birthday gift!!

PS - I finally made my decision about my wedding dress, (I picked the one without the silver threading), but we had to go back to the New West store again, just to be sure! Hehe!

Marianne said...

Haha! That's one for the family album!