IT'S A BOY

Thursday, March 29, 2007

To work or not to work

I have a big decision to make about when to stop working this summer. My two foremost thoughts are to finish up in the end of May (about 21 weeks) or June 20 (24 weeks).
Here are my arguments...feel free to give me your thoughts or other ideas. The recommendations in my books say that ladies with heavy lifting jobs or are on their feet more than 4 hours straight should change to lighter duties around week 24.

May 31:
Don't have to pay full rent for a partial month in clinic
Can work from home with shorter hours without worrying about rent
Don't have to commute
Jax will love me
Can visit my sister Marci in Ontario who is expecting #2 June 22
Will still be working corporate and can devote more time to finding good help

June 20:
Love my clients and would get an extra 3 weeks.
More normal feeling for longer
Still gives me time to fly to Ontario for a week or so
More guaranteed pay check for the month

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's a tough call. when do you have to decide by?
you could see how you're feeling around decision time.

Anonymous said...

Of course I think you should go off May 31 so you can come see me!!! I think it might be good for you anyways and if money isn't the worry and you can get other stuff done you've been putting off it could be a good thing. You might actually start that nesting thing to where you have to start getting the babies room ready and cleaning out your cupboards. : )

Unknown said...

you can work until the baby comes....just back off the hours a bit. You are not sick, just preggie. Dont read so much, half is garbage in those books.