IT'S A BOY

Monday, March 12, 2007

Playoffs

After missing a week of my team's playoff games I was really happy to learn that we were still in contention for this years top spot and got to play game #2 of our series against the Killarney Coyotes yesterday.
We scored early in the game and managed to pull away 3-0 by the end of the first. The second period was not as successful as we lacked the enthusiasm of the first period and allowed them a goal. The referees had a death wish for us when they put 20 min on the time clock for the third period...we normally only play 15 min and...trust me...5 min makes a HUGE difference in such a high intensity sport. Killarney scored again in the first 5 minutes but we managed to hold them off despite an onslaught of penalties. About halfway through the period, Miranda scored a beautiful breakaway goal to give us the 2 goal buffer and we held on to beat the Coyotes for the first time this year 4-2. Since game #1 was a tie that puts us up 3 points to one in a first to 4 series. We play again on Tuesday to decide the series and crown a league champion.
Now the question you're all wondering...how am I doing out there with little Junior holding on for dear life. Well, I feel awesome. No doubt I'm a little winded since my blood has been rerouted from my heart and lungs to the little one. But all in all I'm playing well, no one is knocking me around and I feel 100% better after a game than I have in a month. As long as my balance doesn't get messed up I am definately going to finish off my season with the Jets, even if we qualify for the Western Shield in Mid-April.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

junior's just getting in some practice time when it's juniors time to play hockey, that's all. he's just learning at a young age.

Randi said...

That's right. I figure she'll find the skating motion really calming and relaxing.