IT'S A BOY

Friday, June 22, 2007

Hi from Shelburne

Jax and I made it to Shelburne alright on Wednesday. It was a really long day, we got up at 5:30 am, fed ourselves, walked Jax and got to the airport just before 8 am. The staff were really nice to Jax and let me take him out to stretch his legs for an hour before the baggage guy came to get him. I was a little worried but I think he handled the whole thing really well.
We got to Toronto 15 minutes early but of course the traffic on the highways was really bad and Ben and Dad were about 15 minutes late getting there. It gave me time to get Jax out of the crate and let him stretch his legs some before the car ride.
First we went to Marci's to meet Dyson and play with my 18mo old nephew Kalen. Like most newborns he's kinda red and splotchy, sleeps a lot and doesn't do too much. Kalen was having fun playing musical instruments and getting my dad to dance for him. He's definitely getting more personality...and has learned the word "NO". Watch out Marci.
We got to mom's house before dark so I let Jax explore a bit and tried to give Copper a chance to get used to him. It didn't go very well. Copper was barking up a storm and ended up going back to the city with dad for the rest of the week. We'll try to reintroduce them this weekend when there's more time.
Yesterday was just a bit of a resting day and we met Marci and the kids for breakfast. They came to play here for a while but the weather is a bit chilly for any swimming. I'll try to post some pics when I get some good ones.

No comments: