IT'S A BOY

Thursday, August 2, 2007

The Great White North

It's sunny, the mountains are all around me and I'm hanging out with my good buddy Jackie in Kitimat, BC. I had to get up REALLY early yesterday to catch my 7:30 am flight to Terrace. The weather couldn't have been more beautiful to fly over the white capped mountains, pristine lakes and thick forest groves. I kinda wish that I had a window seat but I didn't want to annoy a seatmate with all the necessary bathroom breaks I anticipated. Actually, it's only a 1 hour 45 minute flight so I think I'll do the window on the way home. Anyway.
Jackie's friend Lauren picked me up and we were in Kitimat in time for lunch with Jackie. I love Jackie and Dustin's new house...it's huge! they have their photography studio in the front of the main floor of the house, a huge kitchen with an island that I love and 4 bedrooms upstairs. And the view of the surrounding mountains is awesome.
I took a little afternoon nap and then when Dustin came home we met some of their friends at Lakelse lake to jetski and roast hotdogs and make smores. Mmmmmm. Don't worry, I didn't give in to the temptation and jetski...I don't think the lifejackets would get over my belly! :)

This morning we got up and Jackie had to work playing music at a kids camp. We saw a little black bear on the side of the road on the way in. I sat reading by a beautiful creek while Jackie played her gig, then we went shopping in terrace for some QC essentials. We leave for the charlottes on Saturday morning. So far it's been great seeing Jackie again and i can't wait to see Angela on Friday and head to the island.

No comments: